Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Wouldn't Change a Thing

Let me introduce to you a philosophy shot into stardom by the banging beats of Coke...drumroll please...Escovedo!  
Asides from that brown, tounge-biting refreshment we call Cola, Coke may seem familiar to folks in tune with the rock band Santana.  Don't get me wrong, I think Santana is great! Yet, I get this unfamiliar feeling inside when you mention other members from the rock group (Coke was the percussionist). Mr. Escovedo, a.k.a Thomas, deserves more credit than a bongo lovin, hit-hat drummin kind'a guy behind the greatness of Senor C. Santana, you know?
It was in the year of my soulful infancy when I first synced to Coke's passionately made music. Actually, in all honesty, the moment when "I Wouldn't Change a Thing" graced my eardrums, I felt an immediate attachment and liking to the tune. Not only did it gave me the groove chills, but it also accomplished something way more...

"I Wouldn't Change a Thing" by Coke "Thomas" Escovedo from his album 'Comin at Ya'.
If you truly listen to the song, you'll understand the message of pure style and grace that is the soul. By highlighting the sacredness of our experiences and the importance of losing regret, Coke delivers to you a quick hit of confidence with lines of  a classic tambourine-bongo mix, and numbing gospel-soul vocals. This is an all out climax of a song with a pristine bass line, simple guitar exchanges, and that perfect touch of sexy sax...This funk classic has permeated through the bboy scene, becoming one of the most ultimate recognizable break beats out there.
However, I digress!

It is the lyrical beauty of this song that reverberates my soul becoming a personal confidence potion whenever life hits me hard. And often it does, so I tend to listen to this song more and more as worries begin to pile up. Flush out your burdens with the 'detoxifiyng' effect of this chorus:

Oh, I wouln't change a thing...
If I had to live my life all over.. oh baby.
I'd do it all again,
If I had to live my life all over.


Just listen...and learn that once again, the dance of romance will triumph. 

No comments: