Monday, January 14, 2008

Slackin...already?

So the new year has been really a rush for all of us, yah? Well, for me it has. The great thing about my lagging updates is the enormous amount of anticipation for all the great music I have in store for you!!!!

Just to give you a hint, heres a classic before I post a series of funk sensations...


It's time to GET ON THE GOOD FOOT by James Brown...




This youtube live version is a bit more uptempo, and personally i think it's a lot more hype. 

Now that school's begun, I think its important for everyone to listen to this song for the uplifting reminder it shares.

According to the urbandictionary.com, this song has been translated to a southern colloquial expression for getting things done, a.k.a:

To begin a task, pronto. To get moving, get crackin', get your ASS in gear.

So as a tribute to the great Mr. Brown, I feel it is appropriate for everyone to get on that good foot of discovery in life, music and love.




No comments: